Quick and Simple Chair Yoga for Seniors Over 60 by Audrey Fitzgerald
Do you worry about losing your independence as you get older? Are you concerned about falls or injuries that could limit your mobility? You're not alone…
If you're like most seniors, you're familiar with health concerns, especially when it comes to flexibility and mobility. For some, it can feel like it’s too late for you to get in shape and improve your fitness — especially if you don't have prior fitness experience.
But don't despair! Exercise remains accessible at any age. It's all a matter of recognizing your limits and abilities — and working with them, rather than against them. You shouldn't feel like you're fighting an uphill battle when it comes to your health.
Many older people would like to have a relaxing form of exercise that doesn't put too much strain on muscles and joints or interfere with their daily routines.
Chair yoga provides the perfect opportunity to get moving while limiting the risk of injury and improving flexibility. You can achieve many of the same benefits as other forms of yoga and will find yourself looking and feeling better than ever before by following the simple and short routines within this book. Illustrated charts are included to make these routines easy for beginners to follow.
With these accessible moves and step-by-step guidance, you'll discover everything you need to know to get started with a regular chair yoga practice.
Going beyond the physical movements, this guide addresses the importance of all aspects of wellness with tips and tricks for making the most of the resources you have available to you.
In this guide, here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
- 15 quick and simple chair yoga poses for the absolute beginner with illustrations to follow along with.
- The surprising impact of positive expectations and mindset on exercise results
- How to prevent injury and maximize the benefits of a chair yoga practice
- Why yoga isn't just for young people and other commonly held myths and misconceptions
- Benefits of a yoga practice that go beyond the physical — some of them may surprise you!
- 11 basic exercises for weight loss
- How to make simple dietary choices that promote flexibility while reducing inflammation
- The importance of warm ups and cool downs with guidance on how to properly do each
- A convenient 10-minute chair yoga practice you can incorporate into your day at any time — all you need is a chair!
And much more.
Yoga comes with a host of physical and mental benefits, and as you get into the practice, you'll feel more flexible, relaxed, and calm.
With strategies to help you start and stick to a routine, you'll have everything you need at your fingertips.